About the University:
OP Jindal Global University (JGU) is an internationally recognized leader in higher education. Located in the National Capital Region, Delhi (Sonipat), India, JGU offers students a world-class education in a vibrant intellectual community. The university is home to over 8,000 students, over 900 faculty and over 500 staff representing 41 countries, across 11 multidisciplinary schools: law, business, international affairs, government and public policy, liberal arts and humanities , journalism and communication. , Banking and Finance, Art and Architecture, Environment and Sustainable Development, Psychology and Counselling, Language and Literature and establishes its twelfth school on public health and human development. JGU is dedicated to promoting global learning through its global faculty, global curriculum, global collaborations, global research, and global programs. JGU is the youngest university to be ranked in the Top 3% of All Universities in the World and in the Top 150 Universities (Under 50) by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World Rankings 2021.JGU was ranked among the “ Top 700 Universities Worldwide” in the QS World University Rankings 2022 and is also recognized as a “institution of eminence” by the government of India.
The Jindal School of Liberal Arts and Humanities (JSLH) is the first transnational school of humanities in India. Founded in 2013, JSLH is the University’s fifth school and is at the center of JGU’s vibrant intellectual life. The school offers a world-class interdisciplinary liberal arts education. The goal is to educate young adults to become informed global citizens better equipped to tackle the complex issues of our time, approaching them from multiple angles and creatively. Faculty chosen from some of the best institutions around the world facilitate rigorous classroom study combined with experiential learning. JSLH offers four different degree options, namely BA (Hons.) Liberal Arts and Humanities, Bachelor of Fine Arts (Hons.), Graduate Diploma in Research and Innovation, BA (Hons.) Sociology.
OP Jindal Global University (JGU) Calls for Applications for International Business (IB) Faculty Positions
The IB specialist should have eclectic interests in the field of international business and the ability to design and deliver courses such as:
- Introduction to International Business
- Management Principles
- accounting practice
- Mondial economy
- International marketing
- Global business strategy
- Global business operations
- Impact of the changing technological environment on world trade
- International Human Resource Management
- international finance
These will be mapped into the relevant interdisciplinary links within the school, including statistics, economics, history and political science, environmental studies, among others.
We are hiring at all levels, including associate professors/assistant professors who are ready to take on teaching and/or research assignments starting in fall 2022.
Diploma & Experience:
- Candidates with a PhD (or equivalent) in business, management, economics or a related discipline, with relevant experience in teaching the above courses.
- Proven teaching experience in a university environment, with an enthusiastic approach to teaching international business and the ability to interact with students in ways that enhance the student experience;
- Teaching that reflects professional development and engagement with the relevant discipline;
- The ability to use technology for enhanced learning;
- Experience in the proactive development of new teaching approaches and materials;
- Experience providing mentoring support and guidance to students;
- Evidence of proactive and scientific academic engagement in relevant academic activity;
- The ability to work across disciplines, building effective working relationships;
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Demonstrable creativity and ability to inspire others.
Compensation and Benefits:
JGU is an equal opportunity employer and offers internationally competitive salaries and benefits based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
In addition to a competitive salary, JGU offers research benefits comparable to top international universities, as well as comprehensive health and accident insurance coverage, on-campus accommodation, staff development allowance, research grants, research awards for publications and other benefits.
The application process is ongoing until the successful candidate is found
Applications must include:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of interest (teaching and research)
- At least two references with full contact details and email information (references will not be contacted without the candidate’s consent)
Submit your applications to [email protected]