Delhi High Court says backdoor entry to educational institutions should stop


The court observed that thousands of students were working hard to gain admission to college on the basis of merit. (To file)

New Delhi:

Thousands of students in the country are working hard and working hard to gain admissions to educational institutions on the basis of merit and it is high time that the illegal entries there, including medical schools, ceased, said the Delhi High Court.

The High Court’s observation came as it dismissed an appeal by five students who had been admitted in 2016 by the LN Medical College Hospital and Research Center, in Bhopal, without having undergone the centralized counseling conducted by the Department of Medical Education (DME).

However, according to the Supreme Court directive, admissions to all public and private medical schools in the country must be through the centralized counseling system based on the results of the NEET exam.

As a result, the Medical Council of India (MCI) issued discharge letters regarding the five applicants in April 2017 and subsequently several more communications were sent but neither the students nor the medical school there. have paid attention.

The college continued to treat the applicants as their students and allowed them to attend class, write exams and be promoted.

Ultimately, the five petitioners filed a petition requesting that the discharge communications issued by the MCI be quashed and ordered to allow them to continue their studies at the medical school as regular medical students, which was rejected by the single judge.

They lodged an appeal contesting the order of the single judge. However, a bench of Judges Vipin Sanghi and Jasmeet Singh also dismissed the appeal, saying it was unfounded.

“It is high time that these stolen entries into educational institutions, including medical schools, ceased. Lakhs of students across the country are working hard and working hard to secure admission to educational institutions on the basis of their merit, “the judiciary said in its Sept. 9 order.

“Allowing any backdoor entry into any educational institution would be extremely unfair to those who are denied admission, although they are more deserving, because of the seats occupied and blocked by these stolen entrants,” a- he declared.

He further added that the petitioners have only themselves to blame for the mess they find themselves in.

“If they had acted in accordance with the discharge letter of April 26, 2017, they would have saved four years of their lives. But they didn’t and acted recklessly. continued to attend the course – obviously, at their own risk, ”the court said.

Lawyer T Singhdev, representing the MCI, said that despite the discharge of the petitioners by the MCI, as of April 26, 2017, the college or the students had not acted in the same way and they continued to ignore it. even after repeating communications.

He further stated that no interim orders had been obtained by the applicants from the court and that despite this they continued to be admitted in subsequent years and to sit for college exams, which was done. at their peril and they cannot claim equity in their favor.

Mr Singhdev said the petitioners did not follow the centralized advice and were well aware from day one that their college admissions were irregular and illegal, falling short of the Supreme Court’s judgment.

The applicants’ lawyer asserted that they were ranked higher in the NEET exam than even those who were admitted through the central board conducted by the DME in connection with this medical school and, therefore, they should exercise clemency.

The court said it was for this reason that if the medical school had informed the EMR of the vacant position in time, the EMR would have conducted additional consultations and sent names on merit based on the NEET review conducted in 2016.

“It is quite possible that the names of other candidates, more deserving than the five petitioners, have been sent,” said the judiciary.

“Since the respondent medical school does not appear to have informed the EMR of the vacant position and that it proceeded to admit the five applicants well before the closing of the admission date on October 7, 2016, the other students deserving, of course, “were unaware that they could claim a seat in the respondent medical school on the basis of their merit. So to say that no other deserving candidate has come forward is neither here nor there, ”he added.

(Except for the title, this story was not edited by NDTV staff and is posted from a syndicated feed.)


Source link

Previous 'Cash Converters - The Musical' and the Saltaire app among the cultural projects to be funded
Next Ronald Schwartz Obituary (2021) - Sioux City, IA

No Comment

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *