Lingnan University, a distinctive liberal arts institution in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is committed to providing quality education for all by combining the best of Chinese and Western liberal arts traditions. It strives to strive for excellence in teaching, learning, scholarship and community engagement. With three academic faculties, it offers a wide range of undergraduate programs in arts, business and social sciences. Lingnan’s liberal arts education is characterized by a broad interdisciplinary program with specialized disciplinary studies; close relationship between students and staff; a dynamic residential campus; many learning opportunities globally; active community engagement and diverse work experience. The School of Graduate Studies also offers postgraduate programs up to doctoral level in various disciplines and provides professional training to society at large.
Applications are now invited for the following position:
(Ref. of the position: 21/302)
- Provide assistance in the preparation of lessons
- Facilitate small team discussion under the supervision of course instructors
- Coordinate various activities for students and alumni
- Perform other research and administrative tasks as assigned
- A recognized Bachelor / Master
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command of English and Chinese (including Putonghua)
- Able to conduct case discussions
- Be proactive, willing and able to manage projects in detail
- Proficiency in MS Office software
- Having an understanding of our taught postgraduate program and / or our university would be an advantage
- Having a solid knowledge of Python, Anaconda, Jupyter notebook and GitHub would be a plus
Salary and benefits
The starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The appointment will normally be made on a contract basis of up to 11 months, initially, which subject to performance and availability of funding, with the possibility of a fixed contract depending on performance and availability. funding. Social benefits, if any, include annual leave, medical and dental benefits and the compulsory contingency fund.
Application procedure (online request only)
Please click “Apply now“to submit your application. The personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only..
We are an employer guaranteeing equal opportunities. Consideration of applications will continue until the post is filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their applications early for consideration.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the advertised position, or to fill the position by invitation or by research. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.