Profile of the establishment:
Alliance University is a private university established in the state of Karnataka by Act No. 34 in the year 2010. The university is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi.
Alliance University with its vibrant and scenic campus in Bangalore, India, offers multidisciplinary undergraduate and postgraduate majors to students from diverse backgrounds. Alliance Education, defined by excellence through an agile and market-driven approach in faculties of management and business studies; Scientific technology; The humanities, liberal arts, and social sciences are guided by the University’s core values.
As a leading university, Alliance University offers programs in business law, engineering law and plans to launch new programs in languages, liberal arts, economics, science and applied mathematics, and has partnerships with more than 50 institutions around the world.
For more details, visit: www.alliance.edu.in
Alliance University invites applications for its Department of the Office of International Affairs from highly qualified professionals for the position of Director in the Office of International Affairs.
Job title: Manager – Office of International Affairs
Roles and responsibilities:
- Liaise with partner universities in different countries and identify and create opportunities for partnership activities.
- Facilitate and manage international campus collaborations, including all memoranda of understanding, agreements and contracts establishing formal collaborative relationships between the university and all foreign partner institutions.
- Monitor and review the performance and value of international partnerships.
- Produce an analysis of the University’s performance against international benchmarks or potential international partners and produce and coordinate briefings for university management.
- Organize high-level incoming and outgoing visits related to the development and maintenance of international partnerships, inviting eminent speakers for knowledge sharing and attending international exhibitions, educational fairs as an academic representative.
- Ensuring FRRO compliance for international students, assisting them with obtaining visas and supporting visa applications.
- Provide support, establish best practices and monitor protocols related to international collaborations.
- Support academic and administrative units working on international initiatives and programs with international partners.
- Coordinate with University units and, as appropriate, oversee international delegations and visits, including the creation of agendas for international meetings, campus visits and events.
- Serve as the primary campus representative for the International Affairs Office.
- Propose and develop policy and procedure revisions for international affairs.
- Lead and manage a range of projects to support the development and maintenance of international partnerships.
- Oversee the Office of International Affairs for their functions in relation to international partnerships.
- Organize various international programs, invite students and faculties to express their interest in the program, select students and faculties for the program and provide them with visa assistance.
- Facilitate the arrival of new international students, organize orientation and events for them in collaboration with the student affairs team.
To note: The roles and responsibilities described above are not an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the incumbent must perform any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably required.
- Masters degree in international relations or related fields from a recognized university/institute with relevant experience.
- Preference would be given to applicants with 8-10 years of experience in a similar profile with a reputable university/higher education institution.
- Preference would be given to applicants from top institutes with global exposure dealing with large numbers of students and faculty movements.
- Applicants should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and should have an intimate knowledge of the higher education landscape in India and abroad.
- Network with universities around the world.
- Knowledge of foreign languages would be a plus.
Vacancy: Several vacancies in the Office of International Affairs. Priority would be given to candidates available to join immediately.
Compensation and Benefits: Alliance University offers competitive salaries based on the candidate’s qualification and experience. The University supports research through grants and publication incentives. Additionally, the University provides subsidized on-campus housing, food, transportation, insurance, and other benefits.
Industry: Education / Training
Functional area: Administrative
Type of employment: Fulltime
Communication, interpersonal skills, people engagement, multi-tasking and networking skills.
Keywords: International Affairs, Manager, International Relations, Office of International Affairs, Office of International Relations, Global Affairs.
Registration deadline: 02/02/22
Apply for the vacancy by sending your updated CV and cover letter (highlighting your achievements, career goals and ways you can contribute to Alliance University) to [email protected] Cite AU/REC2022/THEUNIJOBS/M-OIA as a reference in the subject line of your email.