THE WOODLANDS, TX – Spring break is approaching for students – and teachers – in the Conroe Independent School District, and parents and guardians everywhere are wondering what to do with their little loved ones.
The Woodlands is renowned for its spring break camps, but how about some camp-free hookups for the whole family?
Now, Woodlands Online is acutely aware of the incredible number of spring (and summer and winter) break camps that are offered throughout the region; in fact our Event calendar is full to bursting. However, sometimes camps aren’t the answer — or at least the complete answer — and we know the discriminating Woodlander parent wants choices. So here’s a sampling of off-camp entertainment that you, the kids, and the family can enjoy while Conroe ISD takes a collective breather for the week.
Spring Break With Texas TreeVentures Spring Break
Add some nature and adventure to your Spring Break with a climb to Texas Tree Ventures. Located in Creekside Park in the woods behind the Rob Fleming Park Recreation Center, Texas TreeVentures is the perfect place to take friends and family and hang out.
Standing over 40 feet tall, Texas TreeVentures is an aerial adventure course with 69 elements to climb and five TruBlue Auto-Belays to attach and experience controlled ground jumping! With varying element difficulty and three levels at 20, 30, and 40 feet, it offers the perfect three-hour adventure for skill and comfort of all types. There are age and weight requirements, so be sure to check them before heading to the trees.
Texas TreeVentures is open daily during spring break and Friday through Sunday and holidays while school is in session. Hours vary. Please visit www.texastreeventures.com to view the live availability calendar and to make your reservation. Reservations are strongly encouraged as walk-in reservations may not be available. You can also call Texas TreeVentures at 281-210-2048 with any questions.
Family fun is covered at Deacon Baldy’s
If you haven’t come out Deacon Baldy’s Bar and Food Trucks yet you miss out on serious fun for the whole family. For adults, there are dozens of draft and bottled beers. For the hungry, there are vendors and food trucks galore. For outdoor enthusiasts, there are no walls, and for meteorologists, there is a roof. And there’s definitely tons of fun for the little ones. They have something for everyone for every Spring Break night:
• Tuesday, March 15 – Kids Paint Party with The Rustic Peach – Bring the kids for an afternoon of fun as they paint their own sign while enjoying the multiple food trucks on site! ** Ages 5 and up** Parents MUST be present – Space is limited and you must register in advance.
• Wednesday, March 16 – Charcuterie class for children with occasional board – Places are limited and you must register in advance. Join us at Deacon Baldy’s as Dana from Occasionly Board teaches kids how to put together the cutest charcuterie boards! The course costs $40 per person and includes a board for 2-3 people. *Ideal for ages 8-12*
• Wednesday and Thursday March 16 and 17 – Sky’s Snow Cones
• Thursday March 17 – Book Reading with Bow and Arrow Books – Come have lunch and sit with author Kara Hofsede as she reads her book “Panta Mimi: The Circus Girl”. She will be available to sell and sign her books before and after reading.
• Thursday, March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day celebrations and specials
• Friday, March 18: half-price children’s meal and $5 mimosas
• Saturday March 19 – Tiki Night
Spring Break Packages for Kids at Woodlands Resort
The Woodlands Resort, Curio Collection by Hiltonlocated in the heart of the township, offers some amazing spring break packages for families, indoors and outdoors.
Glamping package for children
Your little one will love a fun night of camping in the great interior of Woodlands Resort. Spark the imaginations of your little campers as they sleep in a tent in the comfort of your spare bedroom, while enjoying the luxury bedding and in-room amenities. The package includes:
• Accommodation for the night
• 1 tent and a sleeping bag
• Kit S’mores
• Camping-themed gifts, like a plush toy, flashlight, and bandana
$35 for an additional child or additional sleeping bag and amenities. Sold as a package, not combinable with another offer.
Kids Rule Spring Break Package
From the treetops to the bottom of the twin helix waterslide, 350 acres are to be explored between fun family activities like poolside movies, crafts and lawn games. They’ll give your little one a royal welcome and give you a daily meal credit. The package includes:
• USD 50 daily dining credit redeemable at any resort restaurant
• a S’mores welcome gift
• 1 children’s backpack filled with fun spring essentials ($25 fee for an additional backpack)
Improve your artistic skills by painting with a twist
You don’t have to be a Picasso, Pollock, Monet or Rembrant to fully benefit from the art lessons you’ll learn at Paint with a twist on Sawdust just off I-45. Usually filled with themed lessons and open studios, this spring break they offer special lessons for kids of all ages virtually every day. Your price of admission allows you to get your paints, brushes, canvases, lessons and souvenirs galore as your little ones find their inner Degas.
Market Street makes its mark during Spring Break
Enjoy live musical performances, a children’s party in the park and more at market street Spring break celebration from March 14 to 18. The whole family is invited to enjoy the following free activities:
• Monday, March 14 – Bubbles in the Park at 12:00 p.m. – Bubbles and fun for toddlers will be featured in Central Park, courtesy of Texas Bubblers
• Tuesday, March 15 – Monarch Chamber Players Kids Concert from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. – Present your children with a classical music show accompanied by storytelling. Children’s activities will mirror the music. Guests can watch instrument demonstrations and ask questions after the show.
• Wednesday March 16 – Kids party in the park with DJ – London from 2 to 4 pm – Game on! Fun will include hula hoop competitions, dancing, freeze frame and fun family lawn games in Central Park.
• Thursday, March 17 – Spring Concert Series/St. Patrick’s Day Concert in the Park 6-8:30pm – The FAB 5 will play covers of British Invasion and The Beatles as part of the concert series at Central Park. Be sure to wear green!
• Friday, March 18 – Acoustic Concert on the Lawn 6:30 pm – The Sarah Kelly School of Music will perform acoustic tunes on the Central Park Lawn by a variety of local musicians.
Hotels make fun a home away from home
How about leaving home for spring break without the hassle of travel? There are many hotels in the area offering special offers for the break; here is a couple that caught our attention:
Embassy Suites by Hilton offers a special offer Paddle package for two. Party on Lake Woodlands in a spacious suite just steps away from the fun, including live music from the Thursday night Rock the Row series outside your door at Hughes Landing. Set your course for family adventure with the Paddle for Two package that includes overnight accommodations and a one-hour towed passenger kayak rental at nearby Land’s Edge Boat House. Amenities at the property include a rooftop heated swimming pool overlooking the lake and the E’terie Bar & Grill.
The Westin at The Woodlands offers its famous Market Street Silver Package. Springtime sophistication abounds at the Westin, conveniently located on the festive Waterway Square. Spring on the Market Street Money Package, which includes bright, luxurious accommodations, a glass of prosecco for adults upon arrival, and a $50 Market Street gift card. Don’t miss top-notch on-site amenities, including the acclaimed Sorriso restaurant heating up the dining scene with a new culinary team, a chic, heated rooftop pool overlooking the waterway and skyline, and the club lively social Como, a hot spot for creative cocktails and live music on Friday and Saturday nights.
There are countless alternative non-camping spring break options offered by companies in the Woodlands area; find out more by clicking on our Event calendarand be sure to let us know how you plan to make your own spring break family memories!